It seems as though something new pops up by the hour with regard to Paula Deen losing her empire over this racial slur business. I call it that because at this point it’s now falling under the “let’s see how far this actually goes” and pretty soon if not already, Deen is just going to start getting made fun of. But we’re not here to do that. We’re here to list what Deen’s lost so far because of her idiotic comment in her deposition that started this whole thing in the first place.
1. Paula Deen was released from the Food Network. She’ll no longer be hosting her own show.
2. Novo Nordisk – A diabetes drug company has decided to remove her as their spokesperson for their drug Victoza.
3. Walmart recently dropped her saying “We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed.”
4. Caesars Casino drops their buffet deal with Paul Deen Enterprises and are closing all 4 of her restaurants that are on their properties.
5. Target decided to cut ties with Deen because her N-Word usage. They will be phasing out all Paul Deen related merchandise.
I read that Deen’s business would be losing up to $10 million but who knows if that figure is correct at this point. I guess the lesson learned here is never, ever use the N-Word. We’ll keep you informed as more deals break down for Deen.