Although Donald Trump and daughter Ivanka Trump are everywhere you turn, one member of the family isn’t seen nearly as often: Tiffany Trump, his 22-year old daughter with ex-wife #2, Marla Maples. Though she’s been getting more press lately thanks to her dad’s foray into politics and her mom’s short stint on Dancing with the Stars. So, who is Donald’s other daughter? Let’s look at five facts you probably don’t know about the University of Pennsylvania senior, who is double majoring in sociology and urban studies.
1. She’s recorded and released a single, “Like a Bird.” Back in 2011, the aspiring pop star released the single with pretty dismal results. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s not still available on Amazon.The song features a techno beat, relies heavily on auto-tuning, and includes rapping by Logic and Sprite. Since then, she’s opted to put her pop career on hold and finish school.
2. She’s a RKOI, otherwise known as a member of Rich Kids of Instagram. If you aren’t familiar with RKOI, this is all you need to know. This is a group of teens and young adults who post plenty of pictures about their lavish lifestyle (funded by their parents) on Instagram. Tiffany has posted pics showing her partying in front of a huge pool, hanging out in her dad’s private plane, and hanging out in the Hamptons. FYI, other members include EJ Johnson (son of Magic) and Kyra Kennedy (daughter of Robert F. Kennedy). That being said …
3. She’s not your typical rich kid. When her parents divorced, Marla packed up and headed to Calabasas with 5-year old Tiffany (and her monthly child support payment) in tow. Her goal was to Tiffany to be a normal kid out of the limelight. Tiffany would see her dad and step siblings two weeks a year at the family’s annual trip to Mar-a-Lago, Donald’s Florida estate. Both Marla and Tiffany been quoted as saying Tiffany was the child of a single parent and Tiffany even considers her mom to be her best friend.
4. She’s dating a Democrat, who publicly supports Hillary Clinton. For the past five months or so, Tiffany has been dating Ross Mechanic, a 21-year old University of Pennsylvania that she has known for years. Ross is the son of Jonathan Mechanic, a wealthy real estate lawyer, who has been a friend of Donald’s for years. Tiffany and Ross have been photographed at several events since December, though he does occasionally post pictures of himself with other girls on his Instagram page.
5. She’s named after the legendary jewelry store. When Tiffany was born on October 13, 1993, Donald and Marla bestowed her with the name Tiffany after Tiffany & Co, specifically the flagship store located on the corner of 5th Ave and 57th St in NYC. When asked why, Donald stated, “Everything involved with Trump Tower has been successful. And Trump Tower was built with Tiffany’s air rights. But I’ve also always loved the name.”
Let’s end this with a quick, juicy bonus fact. Tiffany was born to a single mother. Donald and Marla didn’t get married until December 1993, a couple of months after her birth.